In the pursuit of a healthy lifestyle, it becomes imperative to watch what you eat. Backing up your workout and exercise routine with a healthy diet, complete with all essential nutrients in adequate amounts, helps boost your metabolism and keep your body fit and healthy. Fruit and vegetable juices help provide your body with a whole lot of essential nutrients in a concentrated form, all packed into a sweet, fresh and delicious glass of your favourite juice. Even in juices, some are more beneficial than others, providing more nutrition to the hair, skin and bones. Read on to find out three of the most beneficial juices that provide a boost to your health and body!
Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe Vera consists of 75 potentially active constituents that include enzymes, minerals, amino acids, vitamins such as vitamin A,C and E, lignin, saponins, salicylic acid, folic acid etc. The Aloe Vera plant has proved to have many benefits for the hair, skin and bones. Some of these benefits include the following:
- Reduces inflammation : Aloe Vera juice has anti-inflammatory properties that help in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome. Gibberellin, a hormone found in aloe vera juice, has also been proven to fight inflammation.
- Promotes the health of the heart : Aloe Vera juice has been repeatedly proven to reduce levels of cholesterol in the body, apart from a reduction in the pain symptoms. Aloe Vera juice also shows cardioprotective activity, thus promoting the health of your heart.
- Aids in weight loss : Inflammation has been repeatedly linked to metabolic issues and weight gain. Aloe vera juice helps in weight loss by reducing inflammation.
- Detoxifies the body : Aloe Vera juice contains potassium which helps stimulate the liver, which in turn is responsible for the cleansing of toxins from the body.
- Treats digestive issues : Aloe Vera juice has been proven to cleanse the digestive tract and can also reduce flatulence and abdominal pain in patients.
Bitter Gourd (Karela) Juice
Bitter Gourd or Karela is probably your grandmother’s cure to every disease or malady that you might have. You, however, want to run as far away from the vegetable as possible - who likes that bitter taste, right?
Well, allow us to try and convince you to include a glass of bitter gourd juice in your daily diet. Read on!
- Tonic for the liver : Bitter melon juice relieves the liver of any toxins and helps keep it in full health, thereby increasing its functioning and efficiency.
- Boosts the immune system : Bitter Gourd juice helps your body fight against infections as well as helps build your body’s immunity
- Controls diabetes : Bitter Gourd has been proven to be a potent cure for type 2 Diabetes, and has been a part of Indian culture as a cure for centuries.
- Cure for Acne : Karela juice can prove to be very helpful in clearing your face of dark spots, acne and blemishes. It cleans and purifies the blood and also helps in the treatment of disorders of the blood which include itching, psoriasis, scabies, ringworm etc.
- Cures respiratory disorders : Fresh Bitter Gourd juice is also an excellent remedy for respiratory disorders such as Asthma, cough, cold etc.
Black plum juice or jamun juice has been associated with various health benefits, which include the following:
- To improve ulcers : Jamun juice has also been proven to be instrumental in the treatment of digestive disorders as well as for the cure of ulcers in the stomach, due to the presence of phytochemical substances such as polyphenol in abundance in jamun juice.
- Treatment of acidity : Taken along with black salt and roasted cumin powder, jamun also acts as a great neutralising agent for acidity, giving immediate relief to the patient.
- To increase haemoglobin : Rich in Vitamin C and iron, jamun juice helps increase the haemoglobin count in the body. It also acts as a good blood purifying agent.
- For treatment of diabetes : by helping the body in converting starch to energy, Jamun juice helps keep the body blood sugar in check, thus acting as a potent treatment for diabetes.